Saturday, December 24, 2011

9 :

A. 1. I will visit my uncle in Kanpur. I will call you when I visit him. 2. Himanshu told me that he would come on time. Himanshu came on time. 3. I never knew that my grandfather played the veena. How could I ever imagine that he could play the veena? 4. The dog was there at the gate all this while. Now it is not at the gate. 5. Kalpana thought she had saved the document carefully in a folder. She had not saved the document.
B.1. 18 June 2. Evam Indrajit 3. Vasthala Art Gallery 4. western dance classes and a special package of spinning, yoga and martial arts; 5. sailing 6. poetry reading by Dr R J Mala and day long activities at Dakshin Chitra
C. 1. like death warmed up 2. like a ton of bricks 3. like a meteor 4. as wide as saucers 5. like a blood hound
D.1. weak-kneed 2. high-handed 3. sure-footed 4. tight-fisted 5. clear-headed 6. light-fingered 7. stone-faced 8. hardhearted
F. 1. ei 2. ie 3. ei 4. ie 5. ie 6. ei 7. ie 8. ei 9. ie
H. 1. b 2. d 3. a 4. c
Examination Practice
  1. Mr. Koch willingly gave Albert the reference he wanted. ‘If I say I can’t teach you anymore, and probably you will soon be able to teach me, will that be all right?’ he asked. ‘That’s saying too much, sir,’ said Albert. ‘Its only the truth, but all right, I will put it more seriously,’ said the teacher. It was a glowing reference which said that Albert was ready to enter a college or institute for study of higher Mathematics.
  2. 1. If it had been Aladdin’s palace…I could not have been move charmed with the romantic idea of living in it. 2. It was cosy and clean. It was a real boat that had been upon water hundreds of times and had eventually been converted into a living place. 3. accept any suitable answer 4. It was a snug little room with a window, where the rudder used to go through. It had a little mirror framed with oyster shells nailed against the wall. A tiny, little bed and white washed walls which were as white as milk. 5. There was a looking glass, just the right height for him; a nosegay of seaweed in a blue mug on the table. The room was warm and inviting.

No comments:

Post a Comment